X
X

• filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #1 Collapse

Which TP and SL you prefer? (3)
    Well.. for me I prefer the sl to be the half of the profit... eg if the target is 300 pips I prefer the stop loss to be the half of 300 pips that means I prefer it to be 150 pips .... But I usually put a SL of 70 pips if I put the target 100 pips and sometimes I don't put any stop loss if I enter with low lots.
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

If according to the risk reward ratio, i will find the entry which will give me profit more than stop loss, so i dun have any fix TP and SL, and will set TP and SL with base on technical and chart pattern.
    sigpic

Comment

Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

I`m also prefer set my take profit 80 pips - 100 pips and set stop loss 30 pips - 50 pips for
      each open position..i think that risk-reward is enough for infraday trader.
      The financial markets generally are unpredictable. So that one has to have different scenarios... The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market.
      -George Soros-

Comment

Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

it's depend on your strategy and time frame .about me i don't use SL just TP about 30 to 100 pips for position .

Comment

Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

Originally posted by Hakunarilious View Post
          Usually scalpers trade small pips but from time to time because eventually it will be big.
          yes, it would be better if we use of take profit in small quantities, because it will be easy to achieved, so we can earn profits consistently in our trade.

Comment

Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

Originally posted by abanoub View Post
            Well.. for me I prefer the sl to be the half of the profit... eg if the target is 300 pips I prefer the stop loss to be the half of 300 pips that means I prefer it to be 150 pips .... But I usually put a SL of 70 pips if I put the target 100 pips and sometimes I don't put any stop loss if I enter with low lots.
            Your analysis is logical enough as far as risk/reward ratio is concerned.
            However, the pressing questions should be
            1. What effect would a loss of 150 pips have on your account?
            2. How close is your stop loss to a key support t/resistance level.
            I think these are the important questions to answer before deciding the volume of pips for your stop loss.

Clicking the Thanks button will be enough to show your appreciation if my post is beneficial.

Comment

Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

if you think I prefer the TP, but also can not leave SL because those two things are very important and good money management arrangements..

Comment

Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

Originally posted by stefanusnicolas View Post
                if you think I prefer the TP, but also can not leave SL because those two things are very important and good money management arrangements..
                Actually many senior traders suggest that in education and seminars. But it's based on every traders' system and capital management, the term when the traders do trading, short term or long term.

Comment

Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

Hakunarilious, I agree with you. People seem to think that scalpers make small money. But the facts still remains when they open many trades with small lots, their profits will be big.

Comment

Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

TP and SL for me is very dinamis, i only trade with a good feeling
                    and TP or SL is not my option in my system, trading with very simple
                    if i think enought for profit or dangerous when floating i want to cut my position

Comment

Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

Originally posted by heriyanto View Post
                      if i think enought for profit or dangerous when floating i want to cut my position
                      Trading with good feelings is quite risky , that too without SL, but if you are still using other measures to protect your account then it is ok, as long as it is working fine for you.
                      Love the world, it loves you.
                      LIVE AND LET LIVE OTHERS.

Comment

Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

heriyanto, Then what if you return to cut your positions and you get a margin call??? It will be too bad for you. The best thing is that you should put in the SL and TP in all trades for safety reasons.

Comment

Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

Originally posted by heriyanto View Post
                          do not use the stop loose is too dangerous for the capital account is much tradeur lose their money because of him taken by the just went against you in 1 hour up to 500 pips is not we who control the market

Comment

Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

benaissa, I do not know what you intend to say, all that i know of is that SL is very important to any trader. We must set it in our trading, no matter the type of our account we are using.

Comment

Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

benaissa, If the market goes against you 500 pips it is your fault for NOT setting the stop loss at a reasonable rate. You should always set the stop loss at a rate which you can be comfortable losing with.

Comment

Advanced mode

X