The Contest "Time to Get the Crop" [Finished] (part 2)
Logo

Login

This topic is closed.
X
X

• filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #1 Collapse

The Contest "Time to Get the Crop" [Finished] (part 2)
    @mjomha.
    1 - If you can see spike on one trading station of one broker and
    not on stations of other brokers in the same time, this is not ordinary trading
    if you use this to make profit. It have nothig with real trading situation.
    It is cheating.
    2 - regard your trading I know what you and/or some other trader(s) did. Iam not a child.
    But it is possible this is with rules of contest and in such case it isnt cheating.
    If it is right or not depend on organiser of contest.

p.s. So trader(s) who follow trader1 could be winner now by the rules of contest -
    I think. Regardles of his (their) inferior trading knowledge.

3. If we are going now on next contest with friends and will trade
    8 of us, 4 of us bullish, 4 bearish till top profit(loss) and after
    that 2 of us bullish and 2 of us bearish, and after that
    1 of us bullish and 1 of us bearish ..... it could be by the rules
    of contest and we have winner?!

No problem to me if this is goal of these contests!
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

Originally posted by BH-Eurofighter View Post
    @mjomha.
    1 - If you can see spike on one trading station of one broker and
    not on stations of other brokers in the same time, this is not ordinary trading
    if you use this to make profit. It have nothig with real trading situation.
    It is cheating.
    2 - regard your trading I know what you and/or some other trader did. Iam not a child.
    But it is possible this is with rules of contest and in such case it isnt cheating.
    If it is right or not depend on organiser of contest.

p.s. So trader(s) who follow trader1 could be winner now by the rules of contest -
    I think. Regardles of his (their) inferior trading knowledge.
    Thats problem it is ordinary!

Quote from Felipe on his findings on why Eur/Dkk is within a tight range and spiking:

Since 1 January 1999, the krone has been part of the ERM II mechanism, under which it is required to trade within a 2.25% either side of a specified rate of ?1 = DKK 7.46038 making the lower rate 7.29252 and the upper rate 7.62824 kroner for 1 euro.[6] This band, 2.25%, is narrower than the 15% band used for most ERM II members. However, the exchange rate has kept within 0.5% of the defined rate, even less than the set limits.
    Other brokers don't have Eur/Dkk to begin with thats why you don't see it anywhere. See buddy brokers pay your forex earnings from their own pockets and when you blow a 20,000$ real account that cash goes straight to their pockets. So imagine you deposit 100,000$ and trade Eur/Dkk turning 100,000$ into 10 Million dollars. Who pays that cash? The broker!! So to avoid anyone making lots of fast and easy profits they either disable trading on that pair or never add it to their terminal in the first place.

Research about Eur/Dkk its no error thats how the pair really moves....

Comment

Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

hmm. It wont be so easy.
      They are trading now different pairs with new (hugh) equity and
      they can make hugh profit now with.
      Without that equity, with open trades, they coud have blown accounts now.
      trader1 have 500k of minus on equity in this moment with GOLD and without banned pair
      he have no balance and equity on account any more.
      If banned profit will be deducted from his account at the end of contest
      they still have adwantage because they are using unrealistic big equity for their
      new trades with proper pairs till end of contest.

p.s. Just suggestion. I think for the future it would be more realistic if
      mt5 forum choose some pairs we have to trade them. In such case
      trading skylls could be showing on contest more realistic.
      If not, such situation is forcing us to gamble only.

p.s.2. I have one more suggestion. If trader trade with positions,
      combinatoric placement of positions, others can easy to follow him with the help of loggins.
      Its not fair.
      Maybe is better logins have just moderators? Because if not, some traders
      wont trade like they know and they will trade experimental only on contests.
      That's really a BIG issue to be solved. Many traders in this contest took advantage of EUR/DKK spikes and reach a very huge margin to start trading huge lots in other pairs and those who didn't trade EUR/DKK didn't have such benefit. Its surely too hard to judge fairly this situations(it was hard in previous situations too) but regulations should be followed strictly so it would be great if ALL EUR/DKK can be restored soon otherwise it will give an overload work for mods to subtract such profits. I think next time only majors, GOLD and SIlver should be allowed to trade as it will avoid the occurrence of such spikes and will incentive more the use of trading skills!
      Regarding logins I think it should be showed since the begining in the monitoring as a mandatory even if monitoring updates lately. Its allowed to follow or not follow other traders and that's not an unfair rule and many IFX demo accounts like sniper shows history trades.

Comment

Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

Originally posted by Filipe View Post
        many IFX demo accounts like sniper shows history trades.
        Its not problem in history trades.
        Problem is in real time trades.
        No problem if monitoring site would show just past closing trades.

regard contests: Its obvious why there are no real profis.
        They want to trade on contests (for a fun) but no one want to
        trade for others. If others are following him its not something educative.
        In such case in one moment 80%+ of contestants will just follow some trader.
        In such case this isnt trading but trader following contest.
        Who can more accurate follow some trader.
        OK, if this is goal of such game, for a fun, than OK.
        We can just hope that readers of forum wont think that this have something with real
        trading situation.

Comment

Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

Its not problem in history trades.
          Problem is in real time trades.
          Well Sniper also shows "open trades" in monitoring.

Comment

Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

Originally posted by Filipe View Post
            Well Sniper also shows "open trades" in monitoring.
            OK if game is such.
            In such case we have to trade for a fun
            Will try martingales next time
            Pitty because we cant use experts. I have many interesting of them here.
            Some of them can winn with a bit of luck.
            In any case I wont trade serious on such contest in the future.
            Just for a fun
            "Kamikaze Style"

Last edited by ; 28-09-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

Well a possiblilty would be to delete all orders opened in the last 36-48 hours. Or every trader here that is still in the contest have an additional 1,000,000 or 1,500,000 added to their demo account to trade.

Maybe it isn't fair but remember who traded Eur/Dkk also took time to trade.

It took me 12 hours opening and closing traders to reach my current balance and if I known it wasn't allowed I could've traded a different pair or metal and possibly recovered as I did so once and can do it once again but not in less than a day

Comment

Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

this is problematic. I think BH-Eurofighter pointed out a big loophole which is the balance after the profit from spike in and in EUR/DKK.
                this will require re-calculation of the trading history - a complicated thing to accomplish. but a decision will surely come to handle this unexpected situation. in the mean time let's just keep our cool.

actually this is a good thing. all of the problems that have occurred during the last week will make our future contest far better and all thanks to several forum members that have great critical way of thinking.

Payment proof can be found in here:
                https://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.p...-Payment-Proof

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
                https://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.p...orex-Education

Comment

Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

Originally posted by PhAnToMtRaDeR79 View Post
                  this is problematic. I think BH-Eurofighter pointed out a big loophole which is the balance after the profit from spike in and in EUR/DKK.
                  this will require re-calculation of the trading history - a complicated thing to accomplish. but a decision will surely come to handle this unexpected situation. in the mean time let's just keep our cool.

actually this is a good thing. all of the problems that have occurred during the last week will make our future contest far better and all thanks to several forum members that have great critical way of thinking.
                  Thats the advantage of this but maybe there should be a testing contest for a week where all mistakes should be found and fixed so the real contest will be prefect with no mistakes.

Comment

Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

et's just say I'm lucky
                    now due to people hating me
                    I can not concentrate for trading
                    Today my account may be a margin call or increased equity

thank you for all

for who hate me, I'm sorry if I've done wrong to you ?

Comment

Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

Originally posted by mjomha View Post
                      Thats the advantage of this but maybe there should be a testing contest for a week where all mistakes should be found and fixed so the real contest will be prefect with no mistakes.
                      you're saying we should run a beta contest before the real one?
                      actually it's a good idea and I favor that too. however, we already have the same contest way back with "Trader Daily Grind" and this kind of situation did not occur.

Originally posted by trader1 View Post
                      et's just say I'm lucky
                      I can not concentrate for trading
                      Today my account may be a margin call or increased equity

thank you for all

for who hate me, I'm sorry if I've done wrong to you ?
                      lol... that's not true at all. nobody here hates you. it's just this kind of situation is rare and it has a huge impact to every contest participant and therefore, they were just showing their concern about the ongoing of this contest. of course, a measure will be taken to balance the situation.

Payment proof can be found in here:
                      https://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.p...-Payment-Proof

Everything you need to know about forex trading can be found in here:
                      https://forum.mt5.com/forumdisplay.p...orex-Education

Comment

Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

Originally posted by trader1 View Post
                        et's just say I'm lucky
                        No one hating you I even dont know who you are. Just one name on forum for me
                        But I have to use your name like example when I try to explain situation.
                        It would be nice if next time we can trade with more clear condition.

Comment

Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

This contest is very nice.
                          @trader1
                          nobody hates you my friend. It will competition so for healthy competition its good for each other beat them.

Keep learning to reach the success

Million Dollar Journal

Comment

Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

Originally posted by mjomha View Post
                            Well I was looking for a pair with high volatility to earn back my losses and found EUR/DKK I checked the higher timeframes and saw similar movements:

Error for months and IFX did not bother to at least check it out after having similar pairs with similar movements:

I got so intrigue on this post and i open my bonus account ( so i will not loose anything if i was caught by spike) to see if this is for real. On real trading if you put an order on the market, instant or pending, it will not be accepted.

This contest gives room for improvement. Let's look on the positive way.

Stop bashing and bashing others.

MT5 Admin and Moderators spend years to improve this forum and give us joyful moments while we are on our journey of trading. Lets support them.

Comment

Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

Originally posted by pipmistress View Post
                              I got so intrigue on this post and i open my bonus account ( so i will not loose anything if i was caught by spike) to see if this is for real. On real trading if you put an order on the market, instant or pending, it will not be accepted.

This contest gives room for improvement. Let's look on the positive way.

Stop bashing and bashing others.

MT5 Admin and Moderators spend years to improve this forum and give us joyful moments while we are on our journey of trading. Lets support them.
                              True its disabled on real trading but I traded that pair on demo account knowing that it was disabled on real account trading so I thought that if it wasn't disabled on demo trading then its allowed.

Well we are all eagerly waiting for the decision as getting close to the end of the contest....

Comment

Advanced mode

X