InvestSocial
Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 6

Thread: Parabolic SAR

1. #1 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:

Nick'Otin will become famous soon enough Nick'Otin will become famous soon enough Nick'Otin's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    72 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Default Parabolic SAR

Parabolic SAR Technical Indicator was developed for analyzing the trending markets. The indicator is constructed on the price chart. This indicator is similar to the Moving Average Technical Indicator with the only difference that Parabolic SAR moves with higher acceleration and may change its position in terms of the price. The indicator is placed below the prices at the bull market (Up Trend), and it is placed above the prices at the bearish market (Down Trend).

If the price crosses Parabolic SAR lines, the indicator turns, and its next value is placed opposite the price. When indicator turns, the maximum or the minimum price is considered to be the starting point for the previous period. Indicator turn is a signal that either the trend completes (correction stage or flat), or is going to turn.

The Parabolic SAR determines market exit points. Long positions should be closed when the price falls below the SAR line, short positions should be closed when the price rises above the SAR line. The indicator is often used as a trailing stop line.

If the long position is open the Parabolic SAR line goes up, regardless of what direction the prices take. The length of the SAR line movement depends on the scale of the price movement.

Calculation

SAR(i) = SAR(i-1)+ACCELERATION*(EPRICE(i-1)-SAR(i-1))
    Where:
    SAR(i-1) - is the value of the indicator on the previous bar;
    ACCELERATION - is the acceleration factor;
    EPRICE(i-1) - is the highest (lowest) price for the previous period (EPRICE=HIGH for long positions and EPRICE=LOW for short positions). The indicator value increases if the price of the current bar is higher than previous bullish and vice versa. The acceleration factor (ACCELERATION) will double at the same time, which would cause Parabolic SAR and the price to come together. In other words, the faster the price grows or sinks, the faster the indicator approaches the price.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

2. #2 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Banned
    I am:
    ----

Ahmed InstaForex has a spectacular aura about Ahmed InstaForex has a spectacular aura about Ahmed InstaForex has a spectacular aura about Ahmed InstaForex's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    171 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Default Re: Parabolic SAR

Good indicator i used it before, it`s very simple to work with it, but i still love MACD and RSI too much
    Thank you much!

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

3. #3 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My charts talk to me!
    I am:

Nick'Otin will become famous soon enough Nick'Otin will become famous soon enough Nick'Otin's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    72 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

You are welcome.

4. #4 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My pips hand is weak
    I am:
    ----

betarian is on a distinguished road betarian's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    38 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

never try this.. still use divergence, stoch n rsi .. maybe will test it soon. thanks!

5. #5 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Banned
    I am:
    ----

stelove is on a distinguished road stelove's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    111 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

well,i think you are all right with this powerful indicator parabolic sar but there is a something i will like all trader to know about this indicator and this is the killer setting for this indicator.the setting i use for this indicator and is making me money is i set the step 0.20, while maximum also is 0.20 after this setting i attach it to one hour(1hr)time frame or 4hr time frame it depends on your system of trading whether short term or long term.whenever the first parabolic sar comes out make an order immediately,buy when it comes out below the current price and sell when it comes out above the current price.just try it and you will find it useful.thanks.

6. #6 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Banned
    I am:
    ----

stelove is on a distinguished road stelove's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    111 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

if you dont know how to apply it for a profit feel free to ask for help on this fantastic forum and i and others trader will find it pleasure to help.because this forum is highly benefited for me and i found it joy by helping others also on this forum alone.just try what i said with the setting and you will be glad you did.

7. #7 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    MT5 Addict
    I am:
    ----

zoomfire is on a distinguished road zoomfire's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    162 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

This is a very good indicator.It will show best results in 1H time frame.This shows the trend of market.But in longer time frames the reaction will be slow but the signal will be strong.Use it with other trend indicators and it will be good.

8. #8 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My pips hand is weak
    I am:
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    38 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Quote Originally Posted by stelove     
    well,i think you are all right with this powerful indicator parabolic sar but there is a something i will like all trader to know about this indicator and this is the killer setting for this indicator.the setting i use for this indicator and is making me money is i set the step 0.20, while maximum also is 0.20 after this setting i attach it to one hour(1hr)time frame or 4hr time frame it depends on your system of trading whether short term or long term.whenever the first parabolic sar comes out make an order immediately,buy when it comes out below the current price and sell when it comes out above the current price.just try it and you will find it useful.thanks.
    thanks for your nice tip, will try it next week

9. #9 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Banned
    I am:
    ----

David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    1231 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

I will try it as soon as I can. Maybe now.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomfire     
    This is a very good indicator.It will show best results in 1H time frame.This shows the trend of market.But in longer time frames https://forum.mt5.com/images/smilies/yahoo.gifthe reaction will be slow but the signal will be strong.Use it with other trend indicators and it will be good.
    Like which ones?

10. #10 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    My pips hand is weak
    I am:
    ----

Accumulated bonus
    38 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

i have tried.. very effective for entry. but to exit, what timeframe is the best?

Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 6

Subscribed to this Thread : 2