What is the average number of pips should one go for? (2)
Logo

Login

This topic is closed.
X
X

• filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #1 Collapse

What is the average number of pips should one go for? (2)
    well the average number of pips would depend on the type of strategy one is using and the capability for that strategy to earn a number of pips consistently and the daily average might be changing as the market condition never stay the same hence there wouldn't be a fixed daily average but i wouldn't want less that 40 pips daily ...
    Smile if you are reading this, that means that you are still alive...where there's life there's hope!...Do not let anything get you down, life is too short...
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

Setting a target for average number of pips per day is good, since it is an average there is no need to trade under pressure, because the market will be fluctuating a lot and we may not able to make profit everyday. So we can set a decent target of around 30 pips of profit.
    Love the world, it loves you.
    LIVE AND LET LIVE OTHERS.

Comment

Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

Originally posted by pmann View Post
      To all forex traders in the house, please i want to know what you think in your own opinion, the number of pips that one should go for on daily, weekly and monthly bases. I believe there is a feasible number of pips a discipline trader should go for on daily, weekly and monthly bases. What is the average number of pips that one should go or plan for. Please just be sincere with your reply. thanks in advance.
      I do not set big targets and most of the times i like to earn only 50 pips and if i achieve the target easily i end up my trading day. If i could not produce 50 pips some days i do not take more risks to achieve the target. I think 50 pips is a reasonable and achievable target.

Forum Rules l Bonus for Posting Rules l Bonus for posting (FAQ)l How to Attach Accountl

Comment

Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

I don't know but I like making at least 30-100 pips a day....
        I think scalping can get you a lot of pips per day if you get every swings on the right position but it's impossible.

Comment

Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

Originally posted by megrawab View Post
          I don't know but I like making at least 30-100 pips a day....
          I think scalping can get you a lot of pips per day if you get every swings on the right position but it's impossible.
          I don't believe one can make 100 pips daily with scalping on consistent basis. If you can please let me know your pips target per trade and your risk and reward ratio.

Forum Rules l Bonus for Posting Rules l Bonus for posting (FAQ)l How to Attach Accountl

Comment

Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

Originally posted by pmann View Post
            To all forex traders in the house, please i want to know what you think in your own opinion, the number of pips that one should go for on daily, weekly and monthly bases. I believe there is a feasible number of pips a discipline trader should go for on daily, weekly and monthly bases. What is the average number of pips that one should go or plan for. Please just be sincere with your reply. thanks in advance.
            It depends on the goal of the trader, and more, it depends on the strategym system, more and the most important one is the moving of the market.

Comment

Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

It mainly depend on what is the market situation...if it has a lot of liquidity you can expect more pips...........
              when you are scalping your goal should 5-12 pips.......
              and while you doing long term trade you should go for 35 to 100 up.........
              this is what i follow for trading....

Comment

Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

if we want to set a pips for a daily trade i think 20 pips is enough and easy to make........but when we already achive it shut down your computer and do somethings else.......if not you will lossing all the wining pips........trust me

Comment

Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

For me, if i can have 40pips perdays, is enough. With value for 0.50 per pips, i can earn 20usd perdays.

Comment

Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

I can't say the Exact number for Pips,
                    Risk 5% per day is more than enough for me..
                    and 50% per month is enough to make me happy.
                    It's depend to your Trading Strategy..

gallantyukie's Trading Journal
                    Want to be Firm/Institution Fund Manager (Trade Big Account without Deposit) Check my Group..!!
                    "Nothing Better Enjoyment than Riding Swing in Clear Sky"

Comment

Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

Graphs for short time-frames can not investigate such incidents well, which could lead to mislead you about the opening of new positions against the long-term pattern. Under these circumstances, it can easily be exposed to a loss of 100 points.
                      sigpic

Comment

Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

For me, one day at a minimum is of 40pips. That my jka scalping. But if not, I will only compare the number of pips weekly can I collect.

Comment

Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

how much the pip equals is more important than how many pips you can make
                          if I have big capital
                          I would go for few pips may be 20 or 30 every day
                          & they would be very enough for me as they would equal much
                          but with small capital & small position opened
                          I think that it would be hard as to get 120 pips or something like that
                          to make your day

Comment

Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

i trade according to the market movements.but 30-70 pip on a day is good for me. average weekly 250 pip.

Comment

Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

I don't think we should look for haw many pips we have to make and set a daily target like for e example 40 pips
                              cause the obsession to make this target will lead us to loses ... I did that before and looking for 2 to 3 pips more I return to zero
                              I think you should take what you get more or less every day with it's opportunity

Comment

Advanced mode

X