X
X

• filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #1 Collapse

If you have a successful strategy? (2)
    A lot of people will say maintain stability but we should know this. It is human nature to try to improve things. if your strategy is slow, you may be tempted to speed it up and find something even better. So the best method would be to retain the current strategy and then experiment on the new one.
    Forum Rules | Bonus for Posting | Forum Banners | Partnership Program | Widgets for Traders
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

Originally posted by forexsage View Post
    A lot of people will say maintain stability but we should know this. It is human nature to try to improve things. if your strategy is slow, you may be tempted to speed it up and find something even better. So the best method would be to retain the current strategy and then experiment on the new one.
    Yes I agree with you that the greed in human nature will always make us want to speed up our earnings. However, I think it should be based on the success rate percentage of the strategy. If my strategy has a success rate of 65% and below then I should improve it or change it.
    If my strategy has a success rate of 85% and above then I should keep it without changing. All I have to do is take note of the conditions under which it has the 15% failure.

Clicking the Thanks button will be enough to show your appreciation if my post is beneficial.

Comment

Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

Originally posted by ahmedfx View Post
      if i have agood strategy that give me agood profit .. i will use it for As long as possible and then if there a high loss . i will try to exchange it or add Amendments as indicator and etc .
      an excellent plan. but what if a system has been successful and make lots of profit, could loss.
      do you think what makes a successful strategy must flatten?

Comment

Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

Originally posted by forexsage View Post
        Everyone may have their own parameter.
        I don't know what ideal speed in percentage.
        Since if we increase the speed we may place our acct in danger area.

PAMM - AIR

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/damianus

Comment

Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

@damianus what i think forexsage mean by increasing the speed may not be percentage profit but maybe the chance of getting a suitable entry as some types of strategy involves you waiting a long time.

Comment

Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

As topic title demand, if I have a successful strategy what I will do. The first thing will be using high lot size like 1 regardless of the capital I have in my account because the more chances will be to get profit so why not get big profit.

Comment

Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

Originally posted by silenteyes View Post
              As topic title demand, if I have a successful strategy what I will do. The first thing will be using high lot size like 1 regardless of the capital I have in my account because the more chances will be to get profit so why not get big profit.
              Even if you have a successful strategy you need good money management. Otherwise you will blow your account way too easily. Even with a great strategy, you need good money management.

Comment

Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

Carterk that is very correct no matter how big our account good money management is very essential so that the big balance will not turn to big loss

Comment

Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

Originally posted by demmy View Post
                  Carterk that is very correct no matter how big our account good money management is very essential so that the big balance will not turn to big loss
                  true to my money management settings are very important because as he was great in the fundamental and technical analysis that is not good in MM then the profit is hard to be consistent and that much capital would be exhausted after all

Comment

Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

I have a very successful strategy that works so very well for me. . . but the trouble is I can hardly teach it to some. Why? Because it took me years of practice to come where I am today and it would be difficult to describe the failure and finally how it works and what makes it work and what could make it fail and how to avoid this and that and. . . and . . and. . to infinity. The truth is that all strategies work well if you work well on them. . . trade them to make them yours. Choose one that fits you and continue to practice until you get a complete hang on it.

I didn't regret the try, you won't too

When price hits support 10 in one day - buy; if it hits resistance 10 in the same day, buy a helmet and trench coat. There will be war!
                    Mystery is the final product of ignorance.
                    Hey! What's ma chart doin'

Comment

Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

Well, now I have a trading strategy.
                      This strategy always do not bring profit for me.
                      But the success ration is good.
                      I believe in simple trading.
                      So my strategy consists of some indicators and little analysis.
                      Its not so bad. So I don't search for a new one.

Comment

Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

I have a successful strategy to make trades with nfp news, but it takes a long time to test my strategy, because the news nfp has an enormous influence on price movements.

Comment

Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

I do not like Ptngeh strategies in general, because only with their owners because the owner know when to come out and when the deal is the one who takes it does not know anything of them may lose a lot and this has happened a lot with my friends

Comment

Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

trader must conduct an evaluation with routine, if you are still experiencing frequent loss, then maybe you're still not disciplined by system

Comment

Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

Precarp2 can you please just share the indicators that make up that your strategy. I'll be very pleased if you do that thanks

Comment

Advanced mode

X