Few positions with big lot size or many positions with small lot? (2)
Logo

Login

Log in with
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
20
  • #1 Collapse

    Few positions with big lot size or many positions with small lot? (2)
    I am wondering how traders are giving arguments in the Cavour big lots, it is the mindset of novice traders to trade big lots and earn big profits from few pips. But they don't think your positions can also be in losses.
    Forum Rules l Bonus for Posting Rules l Bonus for posting (FAQ)l How to Attach Accountl
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

    well, it really is hard to say. i find that fewer positions with bigger lot sizes is a bigger risk because if the price moves against you, you will face some major losses. however, if you have many positions, then you are diversifying your account. if one trade loses money, but the others gain, you won't face major loses. however, im not sure about profiting as it is possible to get a good profit from both.
    Visit My Own YouTube Forex Analysis Channel!

    Comment

    Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

      here you violate many fundamental of forex business for example money management.
      i will say avoid both, as they can go in opposite direction and vanish your large portion of your account.

      Comment

      Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

        Originally posted by MisterTickle View Post
        well, it really is hard to say. i find that fewer positions with bigger lot sizes is a bigger risk because if the price moves against you, you will face some major losses. however, if you have many positions, then you are diversifying your account. if one trade loses money, but the others gain, you won't face major loses. however, im not sure about profiting as it is possible to get a good profit from both.
        More positions are not the guaranteeing of profits so a trader should trade in a disciplined manner and should only open one position at one time in accordance with MM and risk management.
         
        Forum Rules l Bonus for Posting Rules l Bonus for posting (FAQ)l How to Attach Accountl

        Comment

        Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

          I think a few positions with a big lot size is better. But they have to meet your money management rules in terms of the risk that they expose your account balance to. A few positions are easier to manage in terms of analysis.
          :luvmt5:If you can kneel before God then you can stand before any man!


          Comment

          Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

            i prefer many position with small loss. it the same method like martingale. we enter market with small acct with many positions if the market is mover against us.
             

            Comment

            Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

              i think amount of lots each open position is depend on our trading strategy.scalping trader will open position use large lots because they only take few pips as their profit target
               

              Comment

              Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

                I prefer Many Positions with Small Lot.
                Because the small lot If one deal is lost Would not end the balance. and it's hard to lose a deal over again. But Large Lot could be end the whole balance in minutes.
                I'm good

                Comment

                Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

                  for me still many position in the small lot size always better than the few position with big lot size. although maybe sometimes we get smaller profit due the entry point that we pick already good to make profit, but I think with the small lot size its already reduce our risk to loss in one time.
                   
                  Need more than 1 minutes to reply a post, Need only 3 second to click "Thanks" if you think it's useful.
                  My Twitter

                  Comment

                  Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

                    Originally posted by goldeneyes View Post
                    for me still many position in the small lot size always better than the few position with big lot size. although maybe sometimes we get smaller profit due the entry point that we pick already good to make profit, but I think with the small lot size its already reduce our risk to loss in one time.
                    yah you are right !! small size reduces our risk a lot !! sometimes we have to make our account safe so a lil profit is enough then !!

                    Comment

                    Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

                      i think big lot size not for small account small account must be trade small lot , it is risk free for his account and you must take risk when you account target is full feel so always analysis the market after that you decide to trade

                      Comment

                      Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

                        I will not support the both, Big lot size and more trades at one time. I just like to trade small lot size with one trade at one time.
                        Originally posted by rakibul hassan View Post
                        i think big lot size not for small account small account must be trade small lot , it is risk free for his account and you must take risk when you account target is full feel so always analysis the market after that you decide to trade
                           
                        Forum Rules l Bonus for Posting Rules l Bonus for posting (FAQ)l How to Attach Accountl

                        Comment

                        Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

                          Originally posted by ihtiram View Post
                          here you violate many fundamental of forex business for example money management.
                          i will say avoid both, as they can go in opposite direction and vanish your large portion of your account.
                          I agree that both ways could be dangerous especially if we do not have a good strategy overall but i think the many positions with small lots can be better but only if we don't trade all of those small lots at the same time, i think in this way it would be possible to spread the risks, well if we have a good strategy anyway....
                           
                          Smile if you are reading this, that means that you are still alive...where there's life there's hope!...Do not let anything get you down, life is too short...

                          Comment

                          Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

                            Originally posted by shahzad View Post
                            I will not support the both, Big lot size and more trades at one time. I just like to trade small lot size with one trade at one time.
                            this a Little bit like what i was gonna to say that it's same in the two cases use big lot with few position or use small lot with many position i don't fiend for actually any different and for not risking use just one position with fit lot can't make margin call arrived quickly
                            hope is beautiful

                            Comment

                            Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

                              if we want to use a bigger lot or a small lot we need to calculate the risk first , once we have notice the risk level then we will get the positioning sizing, if we want to use the bigger lots make sure the tp are small so it can be done in a shortime

                              Comment

                              Advanced mode

                              Online

                              Loading...
                              X