X
X

• filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #1 Collapse

Which TP and SL you prefer? (2)
    I use stop loss 20 pips and take profit 20 pips i think it is okay for me in a trade i trade with probability.
  • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
  • #2 Collapse

I prefer tho use 5 as SL and TP also. but I think need to increase my TP and SL eventually. but um still learning things. I don't know yet which is best SL and TP.

Comment

Advanced mode
    • #3 Collapse

Setting TP and SL are important for any position in forex market.
      Myself generally prefer for 10 pips for TP and not prefer to use SL but from last few myself used SL as 20 points in particular share.
      That's quite profitable for me and helps me to savour free from big losses over forex market.

Keep learning to reach the success

Million Dollar Journal

Comment

Advanced mode
      • #4 Collapse

I use 4:1 ratio for SL:TP

TP mostly 20-30 pips & SL 100-120 pips

Comment

Advanced mode
        • #5 Collapse

I usually use a sl of 50 pips, and the use tp of 20 pips,20 pips for me is enough

Comment

Advanced mode
          • #6 Collapse

TP in my trading activities is 10 pips every open order position
            SL is not using switch to hedging
            if trading activities my TP is fleksibel with cut profit no TP

Comment

Advanced mode
            • #7 Collapse

when i trading forex , my stop loss 50 pips and take profite its depend market condition . Mabe 30 pips or more .

Comment

Advanced mode
              • #8 Collapse

deppends on pair, some pairs are 50 sl and some are 100 sl ...but most of them is 20 sl!

To old dog to be screwed by young puppies

Comment

Advanced mode
                • #9 Collapse

Originally posted by Laki41 View Post
                  deppends on pair, some pairs are 50 sl and some are 100 sl ...but most of them is 20 sl!
                  SL 20 is maybe too small.
                  I don't put SL but look at platform all time , when I go I put SL, but have problem where.
                  I watch some level in history and pivot but sometime I put some SL price touch him a than go back !
                  https://forum.mt5.com/index.php?referrerid=5465

Comment

Advanced mode
                  • #10 Collapse

yeah , but when i am trading TL countertrade , 5 pips sl is quite enough , more then that means that the Tl is broken ...

To old dog to be screwed by young puppies

Comment

Advanced mode
                    • #11 Collapse

i prefer 20 pips SL and open TP but most of the time it doesnt work good to me, anyway im not risking much

Comment

Advanced mode
                      • #12 Collapse

sTOP LOSS with 20 Pips is not that much of good as price some times show some up and downs, we shouls set the stop loss such that it should stay open even in those Up and downs or else trade will close with loss

Comment

Advanced mode
                        • #13 Collapse

Originally posted by murali603 View Post
                          sTOP LOSS with 20 Pips is not that much of good as price some times show some up and downs, we shouls set the stop loss such that it should stay open even in those Up and downs or else trade will close with loss
                          i use 20 SL with scalping as i try to scalpe a lot bcuz i cant keep on watching the market for a long time, i might just get 1-2 hours

Comment

Advanced mode
                          • #14 Collapse

Originally posted by alipb2 View Post
                            i use 20 SL with scalping as i try to scalpe a lot bcuz i cant keep on watching the market for a long time, i might just get 1-2 hours
                            scalper shoudl watch the market continuously inorder to avoid losses, if we go for some small lot size then we can leave trade by setting Stop loss but when we are using Big lot that too in scalping we should be onlien and watch market

Comment

Advanced mode
                            • <a href="https://www.instaforex.org/ru/?x=ruforum">InstaForex</a>
                            • #15 Collapse

Originally posted by murali603 View Post
                              Yes stop loss of 20 pips can be dangerous as its takes no time to do here and there of about just 20 pips, but i think if we do scalping to take 5 to 7 pips of profit then its good as we dont get more loss than 20 pips.
                              As you sow, so shall you reap.

Comment

Advanced mode

X