As you proceed through this book, it is very important to keep in mind
that neither I nor anyone else can deny what you consider to be the
structure of reality—even though what I hold to be true and what you hold
to be true may differ by a wide margin. Force, violence, or even torture will
not cause you or anyone else to give up your beliefs if you don't want to.
However, if what I offer will produce a result you desire, then you may be
quite willing to suspend, at least temporarily, what you hold to be true and
see if what works for me will also work for you.
that neither I nor anyone else can deny what you consider to be the
structure of reality—even though what I hold to be true and what you hold
to be true may differ by a wide margin. Force, violence, or even torture will
not cause you or anyone else to give up your beliefs if you don't want to.
However, if what I offer will produce a result you desire, then you may be
quite willing to suspend, at least temporarily, what you hold to be true and
see if what works for me will also work for you.

